6 Tips For A Magnificent 2016!
It’s hours away here until the close of 2015. What a year! No doubt you have experienced twists and turns with some incredible highlights and also some challenging times. This is life yeh? It moves, it ebbs and flows; it will be ecstatic at times and painful at times.
This time of year can be a time of sadness for some and for others an exciting time of growth and cleansing. I was out surfing the other day and I over heard one of the surfers say to another one:
“Mate I just can’t wait for this year to end!”
Must have been a tough year! However wishing time to pass quickly because life is unbearable will not create any new experiences going forward. It will only attract the same experience just with a different calendar. So how do we create a magical 2016? Well it’s yours right now to create. A blank canvas for you to design an awesome life!
Here are a few tips for you to build your foundation of a magnificent year ahead:
- Let go. Let go of the pain, the anger, the regrets, the suffering and the stories of the past. It’s time to look forward and not back. Holding on to grudges, and ‘should have’ stories won’t serve you in 2016. Let’s shrug it all off, shake it away and let go of that load of heaviness. 2016 is all about being light!
- Be thankful. No matter where you are in life, there is always something to be thankful for. When we acknowledge the beauty of life around us, it changes the way we feel, and when we change the way we feel, we change what we attract.
- Commit to something new. Yep, I started last night. I was asked what is my new year’s resolution and I was stumped, because I didn’t have one! So I decided my new year’s resolution would be to write in a notebook each night before I go to sleep all the things I was grateful for that day, and just that day. I was amazed at how many things I found to be grateful for and how good I felt to write them all down. So this is my ‘NEW’ thing for 2016. (Which ties in well with number 2) What will your ‘NEW’ thing be for 2016? Yoga twice a week? Meditate each day? Do an act of kindness each day? Attend a retreat? Please tell me below this article, we’d all love to hear and get inspired!
- Set your goals for 2016! The captain of the ship always has their port of destination in their sites. Do you know where you want to go? Do you know what you want to do? Get clear on these goals and write them down. This is something we will be covering at our 1 day Urban Retreat & Vision Day on Jan 16th if you need some assistance with this.
- Choose excitement over fear. You can fear what’s ahead or be excited about what’s ahead. You get to choose. Fear and excitement are very similar feelings, with a very slight shift. One is positive and one is negative. One is contraction, and one is expansion. Fear moves you away from something, and excitement moves you towards it. “I’m afraid of speaking on stage”- CONTRACTION. “I’m excited about speaking on stage”- EXPANSION. Get excited about the life ahead!
- Love. No, not ‘I need you’ love; not ‘I can’t live without you’ love; not ‘I hope someone will love me’ love. This is a love that is found deep in your heart. It’s there right now. It’s a radiant burning glow of fiery love right in you NOW. Seek and you will find. Get out of your head and into your heart and radiate love. This will totally change your 2016 BIG TIME!
I am EXCITED to be part to your journey in 2016. I am GRATEFUL for you being part of our journey in 2015. Thank you! You’re amazing and I feel so much love for this Stillness Tribe. Let’s do some massive things in 2016! And again, please share with us below something new that you will be doing in 2016. It will be inspiring to hear.