My Top 5 Herbs To Improve Your life
One of the many benefits of having a wife studying naturopathy is that your home starts looking like a health food store. Over the last few years, I have become a testing device for countless medicinal herbs and I have to say, I’ve been amazed at what I’m learning.
Herbs have been used for thousands of years to heal the body and maintain optimal health and although some people feel you should get everything you need out of your diet, I feel it’s getting harder and harder to do that with so many of the nutrients and minerals farmed out of the soil.
This is where herbs come in as a way of boosting and enhancing your body on top of your diet. There are so many great herbs out there however today I want to share 5 of my top picks for herbs that can improve your life.
1. Ashwagandha: This is an adaptogenic herb native to regions like India, northern Africa, and the Middle East. It is used to reduce inflammation, fight cancer cells, lower cortisol, can lower blood sugar levels and reduce depression. This is the bee’s knees of herbs!
2. St Mary’s Thistle: This is a flowering plant from the daisy family. It is used to help cleanse the liver, promote skin health, promote weight loss and boost the immune system. Ideally, a great choice for liver cleanses!
3. Echinacea: This is extracted from the Native American coneflower and is used to combat cancer, boost the immune system, is anti-inflammatory and can improve mental health in relation to ADD and ADHD. Is a great choice for fighting colds and flu’s!
4. Astragalus: This belongs to the legume family is an adaptogen and has anti-aging properties, is anti-inflammatory, and boosts your immunes system. Great if you have sinus issues and effects of colds and flu’s.
5. Turmeric: Otherwise known as Bio-Curcumin, it has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. It can dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body, is linked to improved brain function and lowers the risk of brain diseases and may be useful in preventing and treating Alzheimer’s Disease. Simply great as a daily supplement for SO many things!
If you are interested in trialling turmeric there is a special offer for you where you get 3 free bottles with your first order. Just click here to try it.
All these benefits listed above are derived from controls studies however it’s essential to understand that every physical body is different and requires different attention. Before using any of these herbs I would suggest seeking professional help from naturopaths, nutritionists and doctors and also doing your own level of research on each of the herbs. Oh, and my wife says to let you know that rotating herbs and not depending on them every day is best practice.
Are there other herbs that you might recommend? Please share them below as we’d all love to know which ones you like.