5 Tips On Living With Passion And Purpose In A Relationship
Are you living the fullest version of yourself right now? Are you embracing every moment in rapture at the infinite possibilities that each day brings? Or are you on a treadmill, fitting into someone else’s life, buying into someone else’s story, ignoring your passions, your visions and truth?
One common theme that keeps presenting itself with my students is how many people are in relationships or have come out of relationships where they felt they had ‘lost themselves’.
One woman shared with me how she had just come out of a 13-year relationship. She felt she was overweight, unhappy, had lost passion in life and had not felt like she had lived for herself. Now she is learning salsa dancing, going to yoga, horse riding, writing regularly and losing weight. She has re-discovered that she had many diverse interests and passions before she entered into this relationship but somehow they all got swept under the mat.
How do we navigate the complexities of relationships, where there is the requirement to compromise, and surrender to some degree, and yet achieve the goal of living a dynamic full life at the same time?
Here you are with the greatest gift- to be YOU. Each moment is a ridiculous blessing. Yes we have heard the clichés but do we truly live it and believe it? When a relationship becomes your source of fulfilment you disempower yourself. When you see relationships as outlets for the expression of your fulfilment then it empowers you.
Live fully, as a whole within your own entity. From that space of radiance, of inner love and joy, share it with all who come into contact with you. You can re-write your paradigm right now, and embrace a life of purpose and passion whether you are with someone or not.
Here are 5 tips to help you stay on track, living your truth, living a life of passion and purpose whether in or out of a relationship with someone:
1. Meditate twice a day, once in the morning, and once in the afternoon. If you can’t do twice a day, try just once a day in the morning. This is a moment for you, to re-connect to the deeper essence of who you are.
2. Exercise and stretch at least three times a week. This keeps you connected with your body and feeling dynamic and enthusiastic for living.
3. Each week put aside segments that are solely for you and your passion, be it dance classes, surfing, bush walking, sitting under a tree reading a book or going to the movies.
4. Inspire others to also take time out for themselves to find their passions.
5. Be honest and open about your passions and vision for your life. Share it with others and invite them to join you on your journey.
If you’d like to explore deeper into how to create flourishing relationships then you will LOVE the Empowerment Series and its episode called Finding Love. These three 1 hour audios and ebooks have had a huge effect on people’s lives. People like Susana who said: