I’ve spent nearly 20 years on this journey of finding inner peace. It began in a very dark space, searching for a glimmer of light and over time the light increased and shone brightly. In that search, I listened and was guided by the words of wise souls that had found the light. I took time to read and reflect on meaningful messages that were written by various inspiring gurus and authors who were using stillness to connect with themselves.
What’s interesting is that as I read through their writings, I noticed that all these great authors and gurus were citing a common theme on how they found light and peace – that one must seek for it within themselves and not through others. Would you agree?
From Buddha, Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson and more, these words had actually given me profound thoughts that has strengthen my mind, body and soul towards finding light and peace. And I hope it does the same for you!
1. “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
2. “Silence is the great teacher and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence.”
― Deepak Chopra
3. “Let’s forgive the past and who we were then. Let’s embrace the present and who we’re capable of becoming. Let’s surrender the future and watch miracles unfold.”
― Marianne Williamson
4. “Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” – Ramana Maharshi
5. “Having lots of money while not having inner peace is like dying of thirst while bathing in the ocean.”
― Paramahansa Yogananda
6. “If there is to be peace in the world, there must be peace in the nations. If there is to be peace in the nations, There must be peace in the cities. If there is to be peace in the cities, there must be peace between neighbors. If there is to be peace between neighbors, there must be peace in the home. If there is to be peace in the home, there must be peace in the heart.” – Lao Tzu
7. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.”
― Eckhart Tolle
8. “Ultimately there is light and love and intelligence in this universe. And we are it, we carry that within us, it’s not just something out there, it is within us and this is what we are trying to re-connect with, our original light and love and intelligence, which is who we are, so do not get so distracted by all this other stuff, you know, really remember what we are here on this planet for.”
— Tenzin Palmo
9. “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.”
– Peace Pilgrim
10. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”
11.“Looking for peace is like looking for a turtle with a mustache: you won’t be able to find it. But when your heart is ready, peace will come looking for you.”
– Ajahn Chah
12.“I learned that the interior of life was as rewarding as the exterior of life, and that my richest moments occurred when I was absolutely still.”
– Richard Bode
What are your favorite quotes on finding inner peace? Share them with me at the comments section below! I’d love to hear from you.
And if you’d like to explore some more powerful daily quotes that will lift you up and inspire you, then my published book INSIGHTS is for you! Click here to receive INSIGHTS.
- Over 200 beautiful quotes from global meditation expert, Tom Cronin
- Amazing images of the Universe taken from the Hubble Space telescope
- Daily inspiration to elevate your mood
- An elevation of life
- and much, MUCH more…